Along with the "dinner" menu above, she tucked in:
- snap shots of Thanksgivings past
- a sparkly, fall colored leaf banner (which she twisted throughout the box)
- a "reindeer" Pez dispenser (to represent deer hunting with his dad)
- an Uno game (which they had played on Thanksgivings in the past)
- a bag of tiny, soft footballs (because there was always a t.v. on with the game at Thanksgiving)
I hope to find the time soon to research organizations that will match up service personal with individuals so you can have the opportunity to send shoe boxes to sailors or soldiers, too.
Image of Turkey from: http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2010/11/vintage-thanksgiving-clip-art-patriotic.html