Swagbucks has helped us pack many shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child with free gift cards. It is possible to earn a few or many dollars each month thru online activities. They offer dozens of different major retailers' gift cards including: Walmart, Ebay, Kmart, Amazon and Target. I am not familiar with what they offer outside the US, but Swagbucks is available in these Countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland. We'd posted about Swagbucks a couple weeks ago, and some of you had asked for more info on how we make our "bucks" (points), so here's the third of a series of "how to's".
As you can see from the chart above there are dozens of ways to earn at Swagbucks. I will be sharing them all in detail now and in future posts for those of you interested in finding a simple way to earn free gift cards to fill your shoe boxes.
For doing online activities you earn points called SB. One SB equals 1 cent. Swagbucks has gift cards as low as $3.00. They do offer $25.00 gift cards that can be purchased for just 2200 SB’s – if you save up for these, one SB will equal more than a penny.
Category #4 Free & Easy Requiring A Little More Time than #'s 1 & 2:
- Third party survey sites run the surveys. "Gold surveys" offer surveys chosen for your demographic. If you do not qualify for a survey you will receive one SB.
- Earnings: From 50 SBs & up to a few hundred per survey.
- Find link to gold surveys as "Answer" in left side bar on Swagbucks homepage. There are often some on the homepage, too, under "Answer Surveys & Earn."
- Time: From a couple of minutes to 30 or more minutes. The longer the survey the greater the reward. Sarah has done several just a few minutes long and received 50 to 100 SBs.
- Free Special Offers ... found on homepage or thru link "discover" in sidebar of homepage. Go thru the several links in the sidebar on the discover page -- there are several different third party companies offering rewards. Some of the activities include the following.
- Click thru Slide Show Offers or Read Articles
- There are usually lots of these...often under the "Peanut Lab" or "Radium One" tabs -- choose to sort them from least earnings to most. They are usually just one or two points. Go thru the links and click thru slideshow or scroll thru article as instructed to earn.
- Earnings: usually one or two.
- Time: 10 seconds or more depending on length. Plus the time to find them.
- Watch Sponsored Videos
- These are found on the homepage and the various links on the discover page as noted above.
- Earnings: usually one to two.
- Time: usually 30 seconds
- Encrave -- Daily Crave [click thru articles]
- I cannot currently get on this -- I have read of many people having issues with it on laptops. But from what I remember you click and let the page load and there is a countdown clock, then you click next, there are ten pages I think in each set.
- Earnings: 2 per 10 articles (if I remember correctly)
- Find "Daily Crave" link in left side bar on Swagbucks homepage.
- Time: I think each page stays up for 30 seconds, but I can't remember for sure.
|One of my favorite|
sponsored video series.
Always look for this image on the
homepage (not always available).
You must click on the
"interactive ad", watch it and
then click the
"I'm done" link at top.
- Total Earnings Possible for Category #4 varies greatly depending on time spent. The items with countdown clocks or videos are good to have playing while you are working on something else.
If you haven’t signed up for Swagbucks yet and you sign up thru the links in this post Sarah will earn when you earn. These are her referral links and anyone who signs up under her account she will earn 10% of what they earn (on most activities). Together we can fill more shoeboxes for kids in need. I will share more ways to earn free gift cards thru Swagbucks in later posts.
Swagbucks 101 Part One ~ Daily and Quick & Free: Daily Poll, Daily Offers (NOSO), SB Inbox Offers & Searching
Swagbucks 101 Part Two ~ Free, Easy & Semi-quick: Play Free Games, Print & Use Coupons, Do Your Regular Online Shopping thru SB Links, Swag Codes, Sign Up for Free Offers & Download Daily Apps
Swagbucks 101 Part Three ~ Free and Easy but a little more time: Surveys, Click thru Slide Show Offers, Watch Sponsored Videos & Encrave -- Daily Crave [click thru articles]
Swagbucks 101 Part Four ~ Passive & Free: Mobile Watch, Watch Video Series Online & Referrals
Swagbucks 101 Part Five ~ Advanced with Costs: Do Pay Offers, Pay to Play Games & Buy Gift Cards
Find all the posts in the Swagbucks 101 series by clicking this image:
Happy Packing! ~ Cheryl