Here's our trip:
- I have gotten some other "Cars" items on clearance so am planning at least one theme box for those and when I saw this short set and shoes at 70% off I had to splurge. This will be a fun box to do.
- Of course I checked all the stores for flip flops (different stores) and found new prints we had not seen. Also, got a few of the same ones we had gotten before (especially boy colors), but I didn't include them in the pictures.
- They had more of the socks, but I wasn't fond of the designs with Betty Boop (or some such gal) so I just got these ones. They will be put in 10 to 14 year old girl boxes.
- While checking out the manager behind the counter told me the $6 Disney hats were 70% off. I didn't like any of them but saw these $5 hats so asked her to check the price--yes, they were $1.50. I plan to decorate the plainer ones and I was excited by the Scooby Doo hats because they look like dogs with little ears--I see dog themed boxes in my future. I got about 15 hats.
- We got three different toys at 50% clearance: stickers , Lego like blocks  and a doll. I thought I took pictures, but could only find the doll picture. The stickers were sea animals and I will use those in our ocean themed boxes--can cut the sheets in half as they are large. But I love the little doll--she is soft and cuddly and just the perfect size. I'm thinking of designing a pattern from her to make my own little dolls for the boxes and I hope to make her some clothes and a little blanket.
I physically can't shop much and we don't have a lot of stores in our area, so I cannot do as well as others can on their price limit, but I can do what I can and fill as many as I can as well as I can and enjoy myself along the way. I am so thankful that Samaritan's Purse started Operation Christmas Child and gives me the opportunity to help young children around the world.