I want to include small sewing kits in several of my 10 to 14 year old girl boxes this year. My mom can no longer sew and I have a box of her sewing supplies. I decided to check it out and see if there were any new items I could use in my sewing kits. I found some pins and needles and to make a
simple needle book I used felt and a greeting card. These will be included along with thread, scissors and other sewing goodies.
- Remove the back of the card.
- Fold up bottom about 3/8" to 1/2"
- Fold top down so it just tucks inside like a matchbook.
- Cut a piece of felt just slightly smaller than the inside of the book.
- Push the felt way down under the bottom fold and staple being sure to catch it, but leaving enough room for the top to fold under.
- Insert pins & needles.
- Fold top over.
- Tip: Decide which way is best for the card to be folded. Some cards are best folded upside down--so the bottom of the card is what is tucking inside the flap.
Click to find all of my upcycling projects for shoe boxes.