MDSupplies & Services offers 9 different sizes of bags in cases of 1,000:
- Zip Bag, Clear 3 x 5" (ZIP35) $6.99 (less than a penny a bag)
- Zip Bag, Clear 4 x 4" (ZIP44) $7.50 (less than a penny a bag)
- Zip Bag, Clear 4 x 6" (ZIP46) $10.59 (a penny a bag)
- Zip Bag, Clear 6 x 4" (ZIP64) $10.99 (a penny a bag)
- Zip Bag, Clear 5 x 8" (ZIP58) $16.83 (almost 2 cents a bag)
- Zip Bag, Clear 6 x 8" (ZIP68) $19.70 (2 cents a bag)
- Zip Bag, Clear 8 x 8" (ZIP88) $27.95 (almost 3 cents a bag)
- Zip Bag, Clear 9 x 6" (ZIP96) $33.67 (3 cents a bag)
- Zip Bag, Clear 9 x 12" (ZIP912) $42.41 (4 cents a bag)
These seem nice and sturdy. Are they the same as ZipLoc brand bags? No, but they're such a great price, and we're not storing food in them, so who cares? But they are certainly sturdier than the holiday dollar store ones we normally get on clearance. The plastic is thicker and the zipper is very sturdy. I filled up a test bag with over half a pound of supplies, and shock it upside down and it didn't budge at all!
It looks to me like the size is based on the size inside the zippered part, I received other samples in them, so they weren't labeled with their sizes, but I measured them, and that's what it looked like to me...I have two different sizes to show you examples of what they will hold. I think these would be great for packing parties where you want prepare sets/kits of things ahead of time. They would also be good for preparing filler items, like pencil kits for.
6 by 9 inches (I think based on measurements):
A nice school supply kit or hygiene kit. Here's what went in the school supply bag...it'd be a great filler item for the The Pencil Granny & Friends project!
4 by 6 inches (I think based on measurements):
This size worked well for smaller hygiene kits or for Lego type kits-take it out of the packaging, and put in it a bag with instructions, it's amazing how much room it saves in packaging!
Here's how two of those would fit in a GO Box:
I hope this review helps someone...if you have any further questions, please just ask!
Disclaimer: I received these products free to review, but the opinions are all my own.