If you would like to submit your story as a guest post here please follow these guidelines. We will contact you to let you know when your story will be shared.
Write your Story
- Use an autobiographical form in 750 words or less.
- First person.
- Keep paragraphs short.
- The use of bullets or numbered items helps break up a long post and keeps readers reading. Use them if possible, if not it is no problem.
- Include items such as (you are not limited by this list, nor do you have to include these things):
- How long have you been involved?
- What got you interested?
- What keeps you going?
- Do you have a special memory from your involvement?
- Do you have a shoe box specialty? Such as:
- Packing Parties.
- Crafting for fillers.
- Personally shopping for fillers.
- Personally packing shoe boxes.
- Are you a year round volunteer?
- Are you an OCC employee?
- Anything that details your story.
- How do you raise funds or gather supplies you need?
- Do you blog about it or keep a Facebook page?
- Include links to these if you do.
- Include images that illustrate your involvement.
Submit your Story
- Email your story in email form to simply blogs @ live . com
- Add Subject Line: "Behind the Shoe Boxes Story"
- Attach your images to the email.
I have never done a series of quest posts and may run into problems I do not see, but as of now I plan to post every story I receive. If I begin receiving too many I may not be able to post them all in a timely manner. But we will deal that when it happens and I will let you know if I may not be able to post all that I receive.