Another thing keeping us from having a complete final accounting is the craft store in the past has given my daughter a 10% discount when buying things for the church, but she hasn't asked if that includes the supplies we picked up for crafting items and the sewing kits. The store is keeping a running tally of what she is buying and will bill her once. So without further ado:
Spending ($500 Budget given)
- $405 (with 10% discount and assuming kits come in)
- $412 (if no discount and we buy them at DG)
- We stretched our budget with:
- Original Request: at least 100
- More if possible
- 125 boxes ready to be filled
- 22 -- 10 to 14 years old boys
- 22 -- 10 to 14 years old girls
- 18 -- 5 to 9 years old boys
- 18 -- 5 to 9 years old girls
- 10 -- 2 to 4 years old girls
- 35 -- 2 to 4 years old boys
As I have reported she:
- Went from store to store listing prices.
- Figured what each box should cost.
- Figured from that she could fill just 75.
- Shopped at various stores to get the lowest price for each item.
If she had more time she could shop a little more and fill a dozen or so more with the cash balance. But for the first time hosting a packing party and doing it in less than two weeks I think she did a fantastic job. We had fun helping her! Tonight...The Packing Begins!
Follow along with our family as I share our journey of The Spur of The Moment OCC Packing Party of 2013.