|Hygiene items ready to be packed in zipper bags.|
To make it easier on the kids packing the boxes we went ahead and used quart sized bags and included all the hygiene items with the soap. This will also assure that each box will get each item. I know my family, if we get to the end of the packing and there is a toothbrush left over we will be inclined to open each of the 100 boxes and find the one lacking.
Shoe Box Packing Tip: Buy Ivory soap--it FLOATS!! If a child is bathing in a river, pond or lake this can be very important.
2 - 4 year old Hygiene Items
5 - 9 and 10 - 14 year old Hygiene Items
- nail files (girls--we had these on hand)
- nail clips (most boys--didn't have quite enough on hand to go around)
Notice we crossed toothpaste off our original list. The paste we found affordable expired too soon and the dentist we asked never came thru with toothpaste. So we decided to leave it out. If we get a late donation of it we will add it.
The price of the items included:
- Soap - 10 for $3.75 at Dollar General less $5 off $30 coupon = final price of 31 cents each.
- Washcloth - 18 for $4 at Dollar General less $5 off $30 coupon = final price of 18 1/2 cents each
- Toothbrushes - 4/$1 older kids and 3/$1 little kids
- Combs - 12/$1
- Nail items - free collected from CVS deals over the past few years (want to learn how to get free stuff at CVS? Check out my daughter's blog Simply CVS)
Time to go fill some more bags!
Follow along with our family as I share our journey of The Spur of The Moment OCC Packing Party of 2013.