- When wrapping presents, have a shoe box or two nearby--if you have a small piece left over that will be hard to save, wrap the top or bottom of a shoe box.
- When gifts are open, save the larger pieces of wrapping paper to use to wrap boxes.
- Save the tubes from the wrapping papers and cut into "paper holders."
- Wrap with leftover or scrap paper.
- Use wrapped shoe boxes as "gift boxes."
- Ask your family and friends to wrap your gifts in shoe boxes--reminding them to wrap the lid and bottom separately.
- Bows and ribbon can be used and carefully removed.
- If you are doing the wrapping you can put a bit of scotch tape under the bow so when it is removed it does not tear the paper.
December 18, 2013
Upcycling Christmas for Shoe Box Gifts
These are some ways we have upcycled our Christmas morning wrappings into shoe box gifts.
Disclosure: Links on Simply Shoe Boxes may be affiliate partners or referrals.