Now, many people are concerned about sending these items as they aren't sure if their boxes will be going to a country that seems cold to us like the Ukraine, or one that seems hot to us like Uganda. There's a couple things to keep in mind about this:
- There are times of year in most countries that feel cold to those who live there, We knew people who were missionaries in Chad, Africa, and the nationals sometimes got cold/sick in the "winter" season.
- I remember a story my dad tells about an exchange student who was visiting Ohio in summer from the Caribbean. They were at a church softball game, the Ohioans were all very hot, while he was wearing a jacket, so "cold" is somewhat relative.
- These items can have various uses-a scarf can be decorative. A hat can protect from the sun. Gloves can be uses as work gloves or oven mitts.
- Jingle Bell Kid's Fleece Scarf Instructions
- Button Up Crochet Scarf & Hat Pattern ~ Design by Elizabeth
- No-Sew, Woven Heart Fleece Scarf Tutorial ~ Great Project for Children
- Double Crochet Front Post Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Child's Fleece & Cotton Fabric Scarf w/Pocket Tutorial
- Curly Fringe, No-Sew Fleece Scarf Tutorial
- No-Sew Fleece Scarves ~ Simple How to Instructions (easy to make from fleece blankets you may be finding on sale around now)
Photos courtesy of Samaritan’s Purse